Labels

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise!























We stopped for a visit with Great Grandma Hillestad before our return home this weekend. She surprised me (which is nearly impossible since I have a history of ruining all surprises in store for me) by inviting my Dad and Terri to stop by. The visit was so divine. Words can not describe the magnitude of love, reflection, history and joy this visit brought to me. Since I have no words to describe that, instead I will share some of my favorite things about my Grandma. First of all, she uses a typewriter and stays in touch. Not a computer (although she knows how), not an electric typewriter (although she has one). She uses a real clickety clack typewriter and writes us notes a few times a month! It is the same as Lily's idol, Kit Kittredge the American Girl Doll! She described how she writes her letters to me. It goes like this...she types a thought and goes to make the bed and remembers something, so she types that, and then reads the paper and goes back to the typewriter to include something else, another sentence. It is just how I do my blog. And she loves gossip. As do I. And she has moved from a home to an apartment and yet she had ice cream, legos, gifts, and books to share with an overtired and crabby Lily and I. The Greatest Great Grandma! I love her. And of course my Dad and Terri too. And there was my Dad crawling on the floor with my girls, identical to a picture I have of my Grandpa and me when I was Charlotte's age. And I am sure by now you are getting the idea...there is family and history and there is love.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive