Labels

Friday, March 13, 2009

Food, love, career, and mothers, the four major guilt groups.


I had a 2 day trip to Vegas for work. The weather was wonderful. The break from regular was divine. The work connections and success, invigorating!

On the other hand...Charlotte sprouted her first 2 bottom teeth the day I left. My heart was broken to have missed this. I couldn't wait to come home to her new toothy grin.

I am so grateful for my job, especially in this uncertain economy. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity for career growth, especially as a part time worker. I am so grateful for the buzz work gives me. I am so grateful for work days = a reason to get dressed in the morning and a chance to read my book on the train. On the other hand, it is a tough balance. At times, I know I am not the first to witness a first of my baby's. This is the struggle of balance all mothers have. I feel this struggle on a weekly, if not, daily basis. I appreciate the support of other moms I work with, one a new contact in Vegas which once I shared my story, laughed and said "you were the one that nursed her the whole time that she was teething and of course you will miss the actual "unveiling"!" So here is one last look at Little Charlotte's gummy grin...enjoy!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive