Labels

Monday, September 19, 2011

A Royal Tea

Lily and Charlotte were invited to a (Girls Only) Royal Tea party for daycare friend, Gwyn's Birthday.  Ironically, this was on a Sunday during the Bear Game.  Lily kept taunting Darin, "Girls only, no boys allowed"  To his smiles and my eye rolls.  I had no idea how enchanting the party would be.
The girls got dressed up in princess outfits, accessories, crowns, wands and shoes.  Next came hair and nails, followed by making their own beaded bracelets.  A princess story, princess music, cupcakes and tea (pink lemonade).  Gift opening and a princess pinata.  

Gwyn is an artist (and so is her mom, 8 months pregnant with a girl!).  I was touched to see all the gifts Gwyn's friend's (a poet and I didn't even know it?) had picked out for her.  They were all artsy gifts.  Lily found a paint your own tea set, and the rest of the gifts were equally as thoughtful for Gwyn.  Isn't it cute that even 6 year olds friends, know each other's unique qualities? 
Here's my littlest princess enjoying her tea. 

 It was a challenge to keep the big tiara on while sipping, but she managed in true princess style.
 Funny face girls
 Yes, I am a little jealous that the throne wasn't for me.  Just saying.
 Princess sisters pre make up
 What to wear?  What to wear?
I was sorta reluctant to go.  How fun could a kids party be? 
I am here to tell you it was like a dream..."a dream is a wish your heart makes...
when your fast asleep..."
I know I have had this dream and today it came true.

Happy Birthday Dear Gwyn!
Thanks for inviting us.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive