Labels

Friday, September 2, 2011

Charlotte starts Preschool!

Lily started school and I picked her up and we were off to meet C's preschool teacher.

We came home with homework (for me!)

D was working and not able to attend the "meet the teacher" event.

He came home and made dinner.

He asked if I would grate cheese for the fajitas he was preparing.

I said no.

I was doing my preschool homework!

I had only a short amount of time to make the "preschool bear" the teacher sent home with us.

The teacher promised it would help C feel safe and happy on her first day.

When I was finished

(5 minutes later because, of course, I also had to grate cheese :) ),

it already worked.

C was safe and happy.

(teachers know everything!)


 
Then came The Day!

Lily was at school and D was at work.

I was thrilled to have everyone dressed, with lunches off in the world without me.

I was looking forward to a cup of cofffe and some quiet meditation before I took C.

Not Charlotte.

She was ready 1/2 hour ahead of time, putting on her shoes, telling me it was time to go!

I could not stop her.

She was ready!Add Image

She pulled out her bike, asked me to carry her backpack

and just started heading down the driveway.

(I followed)

We were there so (obnoxiously) early.

She posed for pictures.

I mean POSED.

I will share a few here, but really there are hundreds.

"Take a picture Mom!" she said with each new pose.



Our old and new neighbors, Lilia and family, have sister Adrie.

Adrie is Charlotte's Dear Friend in her class.

TG they FINALLY arrived (also early)

And here she sits.

And at this point I ran out.

She cried.

I asked if she wanted the bear and she said yes.

She took that bear with her brave, scared face, and showed her teacher.

I fought tears all the way home.

She stopped crying.

She still cries for a minute when I leave her.

You will be happy to know that I have (mostly) stopped crying on my walk home.

She is doing awesome.

But of course.

Because she is.

Awesome.


1 comment:

Sara said...

Love this post. LOVE the poses! Love your girls...and you!

My Blog List

Blog Archive