D is off for a much earned March Madness weekend
with his college roommates in Minneapolis.
Nanna came to visit and save my day.
Immediately prior to her visit,
I got news, that I need surgery on my neck (herniated disc) asap.
As the only option.
I am not happy with this report.
I will seek more opinions and do more research.
I am pretending I am better.
And I am doing better.
A few weeks ago, I was in weeping pain.
At rest.
With medication.
I am now feeling aches, weakness, and numbess from my neck and down my right arm with less medication.
This is improvement.
I am ignoring it and getting on with it.
That is why the news of surgery devastated me.
Scares me.
Mostly, because I am a mother.
Because of this condition I am in survival mode.
The girls have been watching far too much TV, for my preference in the past few weeks.
Nanna brought her childhood spirit and played with my girls.
She carried, rocked, lifted and loved them in all the ways
I haven't been able to.
She let me rest and nap daily.
She let me sleep in and have a break,
just by being here.
She gladly took all their demands and commands
with a smile and a sense of humor.
She mothered them and that was the awesome.
But what was best, is that she also mothered me.
She reminded me, that I am not only the girls' mother.
I am also her child.
And when I am in pain and discomfort,
she wants to take care of me.
And she is here now, taking care of us all.




No comments:
Post a Comment