Looky here everybody! Charlotte learns to write!
I took a call while she was snuggled on my lap. She quietly sat at the desk in front of her and added to my chicken scratch notes by practicing her writing.
You can imagine my pride with her fine (AMAZING) 3 year old penmanship!
Special thanks again goes to preschool teacher Miss Lori.
As far as the content goes...
I credit myself (haha).
It leaves me in as much curiousity at it does you!
I have to wonder what goes on inside this sweet child's head when she is not talking, but silently mastering her world.
Am I alone in the world of taking notes still?
Like with a pen and paper?
I have to admit, I carry around a little notebook
(paper notebook that is, pre iPad, iPhone,era.)
I picked up a couple of notebooks from the Target dollar aisle
(my favorite place to be, only topped my exotic islands and European vacations)
My current notebook has a peacock on it and says something about making dreams real.
I am very corny like that.
Anywho...
my boss was in my office the other day and flipped through my miNotepad and had a good laugh.
(and then so did i, PUNctuation intended)
MiNotepad contains work things that I transfer, naturally to a CRM or whathaveyou.
MiNotepad contains information I use to send proposals, respond to RFP's, and turn into the beloved PowerPoint Presentations.
There are reminders about haircut appointments.
Dance recital dues.
and *send your Grandma's a letter because they are not reading this and they also never saw your Facebook Status update*
I heart Grandma's.
And there are pictures.
The kids' artistic surprise smily face I find three months later when I get to that page that would have been blank page.
And my own, perfected daisy bouquet drawings from those dreadfully annoying meetings I attend remotely.
MiNotepad is perhaps as good of documentation as any about the real happenings in my life.
I now have a real treasure in it.
The begining of C's bittchh journal.
I am teasing about her choice of letters here.
Truth be told, I am welcoming her expression.
I see it in our nightly lullabye book, that she has memorized and sings every song.
(hearing her sing Brother John in French is the sweetest music to my ears!)
Witnessing her decision NOT to share with Lily, even when Lily is using all her mighty power and self given authority (with bribes like, "I will give you a sucker" and other such nonsense, which is not really in Lily's power to begin with)
C is growing into herself.
And she's like me, and that reminds me of a song...
raise your hand if you know which one...
The name of the song starts and ends with the word bitch.
"you know I wouldn't have it any other way"
Go on, growing into yourself Little C.
You got the magic in you!

No comments:
Post a Comment