I should totally post this kind of stuff more often, because it happens a few times a day.
And these are the stories worth remembering and sharing, and for some reason, they are not the stories that make this blog.
We were rushing to Lily's soccer practice the other night and once we parked I hooted at Lily to run to her team and get started.
Charlotte ran ahead too and was immediately stopped by a shiny object of her affection...
the hood ornament of a Mercede's.
"Peace sign" she sang as she grabbed it.
"Nooooo, Ceci, we don't ever touch cars!"
I hooted, mortified.
I looked up and someone sitting in the car!
I mouthed
"I'm sorry!"
and she smiled at me.
I ran away as fast as I could with Charlotte in tow, and my head down.
At the end of practice The Team was grabbing their snacks from Snack Mom.
Naturally, Charlotte wanted one too.
So as we were walking away,
I asked the Mom handing them out,
if they by chance had any left for Charlotte.
I didn't recognize her,
but there was ONE left and she said,
in her pretty European accent,
"well, z-iiit z-hould go to the girl
that z-iiiked my peace z-iiiign!"
I didn't know she had heard.
How funny.
I will never see a Mercedes the same.
Peace, love, and Oh Lord won't cha buy me a Mercedes Benzzzz, Friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment