Hi Friends!
Darin and Lily went with Brock and Gage to the Badger Game on Saturday.
I am so bummed,
I didn't get pictures.
We were late and in a hurry.
Lily had outgrown her Badger Gear and put a call into Grandma (sucker?) days earlier for more.
I dropped D and Lily off with the outlaws for a wardrobe change, and ride to the game.
Lily was thrilled for her Day with Dad.
She wore a Bears shirt on the way up,
to impress him, and show her loyalty,
to him and his teams.
She requested red and white ribbons in her hair, and practiced her cheering.
(eats chips! Fondue! anyone know what I am talking about?)
Darin had the best date in the stadium,
bringing her usual,
yet,
remarkable amounts of enthusiasm.
After a long story of some planning, cancelling, scheduling, replanning, postponing, rescheduling
and confirming...
Charlotte and I landed at Jesse's for the night.
Jesse is a perfect replacement
of Daddy
to Charlotte.
She reported to me a few weeks ago
that when she grew up,
she was going
"...to marry Jesse.
And Daddy with be our Daddy.
And Cathie will be our mommy.
When we are married together."
I question..."what will I be?"
After a thought and a smile she says
"You will be... Lily's Mommy."
So there you have it.
Cathie calls me "Cool Auntie Head".
My favorite daughter doesn't seem to think so.
Whatevs.
She's still my favorite youngest daughter.
With no plans on the agenda,
we headed for lunch,
because I was thirsty hungry.
This is what lunch in Lodi
with Vanna White looks like.
Yes please and thank you!
After lunch we enjoyed an
impromptu stop to feed the ducks.
Lodi is Hometown of Susie the Duck.
But of course, you already knew that.
It was so fun for me to relive my own childhood with Jesse and Charlotte.
To be taking two little lovies on the same adventures my parents and my Grandparents took me on, was magical.
And I was with my bestie...
can you believe Cathie and I became friends at the exact age Charlotte is now?
I imagine what our conversations at 4 years old must've been to know,
that we were Lifers for each other.
Then I hear Jesse and Charlotte talk.
And hope and pray this is
the beginings of lifelong friendship.
The simple fun of feeding ducks
on a crisp, fall day, is timeless.
Next stop?
Webers Bakery.
I don't even like sweets, or eat sweets.
Unless they come from here.
OMG.
Here, I tasted my childhood.
(and thought of you Auntie Sarah!)
I have to admit,
I have new eyes when I come to my hometown these days.
I value things I never used to,
and question things I never did
while growing up.
As a (proud) 4th generation
to graduate from Lodi High...
I think its safe to say my children will likely not graduate from Lodi High,
like the generations before them.
So, its especially lovely they can experience it, enjoy it, and have found close friends here.
With my parents in Colorado,
I am so happy to have an opportunity
to come home,
to my childhood home, with my babes.
So they can treasure,
all the places and people I treasure,
in Hometown of Susie the Duck.

No comments:
Post a Comment