We enjoyed a Living Social Deal with neighbors...
pizza and the circus!
The kids loved it.
It was nice to sit and share stories of weirdness with neighbors.
You know you are real friends when you can share your weirdness.
And nothing brings out weirdness,
like the circus.
As enjoyable as it was to be in good company,
I mostly felt sad the whole time.
I could not truly enjoy the show, the talent
or the performers
(both the human and the animal kind),
because I wanted to save them from the circus.
Maybe I have read too many fictional books or seen too many elephant documentaries?
I love the zoo, so why not the circus?
Well, I don't know.
I pretend the zoo is to help
and the circus is to abuse.
I do not actually know if this is true.
What I knew in that moment was those elephants did not want the threat of a whip to lay on the ground and pretend to go to sleep to a stupid human lullaby
so the audience could ooh and awe.
I could see it in the elephants' eyes
even through their adorable cartoon smiles.
And now I wish I could change the title
of this blog from
Lowe Family Circus to
Lowe Family Can Someone Bring Water For Elephants?



No comments:
Post a Comment