Hi Guys!
Are you into school routines?
We are overwhelmed.
With school starting...
homework, paperwork, meetings and appointments are streaming in like wild animals,
waiting to be corralled.
Soccer and dance also started
in the same week,
(God only gives you what you can handle)
so we are on the go.
(as if we had been sitting still)
I am pleased to report Charlotte has started dance.
Tap and ballet.
She loves it.
I loved dressing her up and
watching her first class
from the window, they set up
for curious, over anxious parents
with shy little bitty's, like me.
Lily is doing hip hop.
I love that I could arrange both girls to have classes back to back on the same night.
Yes, in some weird way I credit myself for my insight and organization in accomplishing this feat, although the girls' choices just fit nicely into the already prepared schedule, nevermind.
When I booked it, I fist pumped myself in the air,
as if I made it happen,
and can take personal credit.
I am totally awesome, like that.
After a lot of heartache,
on my part,
we have switched dance studios.
I love our previous dance studio,
but it wasn't the right place for us.
At the previous studio,
all Lily's peers were in competitive dance.
Lily is not interested in competitive dance,
at this time.
(or ever?)
I was never into it either.
In fact, the more competitive it got for me,
the less I loved to dance.
And anything that took away my greatest joy, dancing
just didn't feel right to me.
I had a sense Lily was feeling the same.
The new studio offers classes for kids, like Lily, that love to dance
and want to dress up and perform on a stage
for their family and friends,
without being judged.
The new studio is girly, whimsical,
innocent and childlike.
It is all the things are other studio wasn't.
As you recall, our other studio was edgy and competitive and pageant like.
So here we are, settled happily,
in comfort, after our first class.
I am relieved to have found a place that fits us.
I am excited about the friends
I have already met,
during my waiting time.
The other studio had an exclusive group
of moms that I never became part of
(or never wanted to?)
I am not sure if I have to say this,
or if you already know,
but I don't care if my kids are
the best or
the worst
on any team.
I just want my kids to be kind,
have fun,
enjoy learning,
and...
burn off
that ever loving energy
that bounces off my walls
and makes me wish I could bottle it
and drink it
to keep up with them.
These girls are going places,
and where they go,
I follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment