Hi Friends!
I have some awesome news to report.
Yesterday,
I again, was scheduled to be
in 2 places at once,
but this day,
I did it with a smile!
Here's what happened...
I had a last minute notice that I had to go into the office to film a video.
(more on that in a minute)
Darin just happened to be out of town on the same day, so I had to get all of us ready,
drop both girls off at school,
race to the train,
find an illegal,
(but likely unnoticed) parking spot,
buy train tickets and run to my office,
while carrying my laptop,
and trying not to sweat in my business suit and
all that stuff that normal people do everyday,
but was incredibly challenging to me.
So I was ON!
I said hello and good morning
I said hello and good morning
to everyone along the way.
In an attempt to spread good energy and make up for my toxic anxiety a couple of days ago.
I was so prepared the girls and I
were early to get out of the house.
We saw neighbor friend
(one of Lily's first friends, Lilia)
waiting for the bus and had time to stop and say "hello and have an exceptional day!"
and in our drive by,
I noticed Lilia was crying, and she perked up with a smile to see us.
I made eyes, with Mama Kara,
just knowing, that our unexpected drive by was the exact diversion from Lilia's nerves
they needed on that day.
When I got to the city my first order of business was to buy chocolate.
I was horribly late, considering the schedule I used to maintain before working from home,
but determined I would take care of the important things (like buying chocolate), First.
I arrived in time for my first meeting.
I have a candy jar* in my office and it was empty.
(*a huge margarita glass that was actually a vase left over from an over-gift of flowers sent to me from a consultant way back when)
My colleagues were missing my chocolate equally as much as my presence.
My office is a safe place to hold chocolate,
because I don't eat it.
And it gives everyone and excuse to visit.
On my way into the building,
I offered our doorman, chocolate.
He is always friendly and kind
and it was my day to treat him to kindness.
When I got the office I said my hello's,
had my meetings and then reapplied my make-up, getting my "stage face" ready for my big debut.
I was ready early,
(couldn't wait for it to be over!)
The video guy was ready.
I say to him,
"you have the script, right?"
He says,
"yes, but I would be much more comfortable, not using the script and just having a conversation."
I say back to him, with nervous laugh
"Um, yea. I would be only comfortable going exactly by the script and making it seem,
like we are having a conversation."
He says, "OK, let's try."
So, I do.
He reports, I seem relaxed, natural, and it was perfect, and he only wished the camera was on.
So then I blush, and can't breath,
I am so uncomfortable with feedback.
And he says "let's do it!"
Two deep breaths later I do Part 1.
Feedback = Perfect.
I do Part 2.
Feedback = Perfect.
I question,
"are you sure you don't want to give that another take?"
Video guy says "Nope. I got it. All good."
(I blush, I die, I giggle, I curse, I sweat)
And again and again until I am done.
"Am I done?"
"Yes. And you were the most prepared person I have interviewed in years. Thanks for making this easy on me."
OMG.
I did it!
Not perfectly, mind you, in my mind,
but good enough.
Good enough even to me.
And the best part is that it was like a test you cram for, and just have to pass and then can forget it all, because it will never be on the midterm.
So I swooped up my belongings
and raced out to pick up the bitty's, get from here to there, and every one dressed upon arrival to dance class
(only 15 minutes late.)
Bam!
When we returned home from our never ending day,
this gift was left on my doorstep from my gardening neighbor.
Gorgeous.
I see you can "be the change...
you wish to see in the world".
I see that what you put out is what you receive.
It was the same day, as the day before, but my perspective made all the difference.
Go out in the world, Friends.
Be kind and receive kindness.
I am stepping off my soapbox now.
Thanks for listening.

1 comment:
Love this entry Heather! Bravo to you.
Post a Comment