Darci and Jason's wedding day came and left
in the blink of my eye.
I made a video of the wedding day for Darci.
You can watch it here.
It shows Darci's Day and is chock full of pictures and video and it captures
the story of their wedding day.
The video shows the love and goodness between Darci and Jason.
(be sure to notice him wink at her throughout.)
I hope it makes you feel
as happy, as I was, to be there.
But because this is MY blog I am not going to tell Darci's story.
I am going to tell mine.
Here's a few of my favorite pics.
This beautiful sister in law bride.
Her emotion and her joy was radiant.
Her gratitude for her Big Day and for her support team of family and friends was AH-MAZING.
Her love for Jason has absolutely transformed her.
She was good to begin with, but with the magic of true love she is in her greatest glory.
I think, both Jason and Darci are better together than they ever were apart.
They lift each other up.
They humble each other.
They have true love,
with all its challenges
and humanness and forgiveness.
This love is real.
Here is the lovely Bride and Bride 2,
as D and I started calling Lily.
Lily took her role very seriously
and would not leave Darci's side.
Lily took a moment to pull Darci up to the mirror and together they looked at their reflections
(see video footage for proof)
Lily was the only person other than Darci and Jason to stand in the receiving line.
Lily felt it was her duty to stand and support and receive compliments (a plenty),
right along with Darci.
It was so freaking cute.
Darci was thoughtful enough to invite
Nanna and Papa to join in on the affair.
(Here's me and my mom. I think my mom is the 2.0 version of me. Much the same, but with all the best enhancements of wisdom and kindness and love that I am still learning)
Darci and Jason have joined their families and mine with their kindness.
This is the kind of love that heals the world.
This next pic?
I die.
I took one glance at Darin
and my breath was taken away.
Literally.
I saw him from afar and nearly fell over.
Casual D, cleans up well.
The most handsome-est man in the room
was mine.
Charlotte felt the same.
He was hers.
This pic?
Oh my goodness!
That bitty-angel-piece-of-heaven walking down the aisle belongs to me.
Yes she does.
She is all mine.
I beam with pride.
BEAM.
BEAM.
I have never seen
a sweeter moment in my entire life.
And here...really who its all about.
The best people on earth.
I want to spend every day celebrating them.
I am so thrilled they are married.
I am hoping they will move in next door and have babies asap, and we will all live and grow up together like a TV sitcom.
And that was a really private hope to say in a really public blog
(I might have 4 readers now, not including Darci)
so if it was inappropriate forgive me.
It is my secret hope.
So I will keep it a secret from here on out.
(and you didn't hear it from me)
And this?
Yes this. Are you kidding me?
Just a few hundred dollars and a paparazzi later,
I have a picture of D and I, in our finery.
Lowe Family Circus
(Christmas Card preview, yes?)
Celebrity Status at the Royal Wedding.
(so much fun!)
Lily Lowe?
The girl is growing up.
She was born for this role.
She was brave to walk down the aisle first.
She got to her place and stomped her foot and whispered "nailed it" to herself.
I know this because the front row audience
(Grandma)
heard and reported back.
Lily dances to the beat of her own drum.
And her drum is bigger and better and louder and more wonderful than any of the boundaries and labels I try to fit her in.
I, again, BEAM with pride,
because this one is mine.
A gift to me and the world.
Can you feel the love tonight?
A weekend of wedding festivities that, for me, had nothing to do with chores and menu planning and yoga pants, and for Darin had nothing to do with finances and work and trying to fix broken stuff, had us at our best.
Dress up and celebrate love?
Well this is what we are best at.
This is in our genes and it has been passed down.
Gladly.
Here we are at the Grand March.
As you can see Party Rock was in the house.
Mom and Pop Party Rock also made an appearance.
I want to live on this forever.
I want to do it all over again.
I want to blog about it again tomorrow.
There is so much more to share.
But we have to go back to school and work now.
I feel the need to take this sassy dress off and go back to yoga pants, untease my big hair, unglue my fake lashes.
But we are available for hire.
Weddings only.
If interested please inquire within.





No comments:
Post a Comment