Hi Friends!
Happy 11 year anniversary to D and me!!!
We celebrated by going on a date!
We went to Shaw's Crab House,
which is the same place,
we went,
after we got engaged,
years ago.
It was our first time,
returning since engagement.
So... it was special.
Everything was special,
because it was our anniversary.
To be honest,
it wasn't our anniversary, anniversary.
It was the day before,
our anniversary.
I actually spent our anniversary, anniversary
at the Taylor Swift concert with Lily.
The calendar date didn't matter.
The celebration did.
It might have been our best date ever!
I say this because,
we are proud of our 11 years.
We were one of those couples at the restaurant
The ones that sit next to each other instead of across from each other.
The ones that have so much to catch up on
and giggle about,
that they don't have time to notice
anyone else in the room.
Yes, that was us!
We were the ones sneaking in kisses and cuddles.
Anywho...
that was the date.
That was the celebration.
But the 11 years?
That is something else.
That is hard work.
It is full of sweat and tears.
It is not easy for us.
Is it easy for you?
For anyone?
Is there a secret?
Tell me.
For us,
its some of the hardest work we do.
All that forgiveness and communication and empathy and kindness when you feel resentful.
That's hard stuff.
D is really steadfast in his love for me,
and his faith in us.
We have challenges, as a couple.
For starters,
I happen to think that men, are the weaker sex.
That's not very fair to Darin, now is it?
D, on the other hand, thinks all women are crazy.
I have to prove him right, on this, all the time.
Its exhausting!
We came together carrying these thoughts passed down from our generational history.
We have some things to overcome, in our lifetime.
We are far from perfect.
My greatest wish is for us to
continue on the journey together.
To model love for our children,
True love.
I hope that we go farther,
than the generations before us.
I hope our daughters,
have an opportunity,
to take true love even further,
in their lifetime.
Because, having a partner,
to share your life with,
is the grandest gift.
Living together is hard.
Raising kids together is hard.
Budgeting and scheduling and cleaning is hard.
When you do all these things with your companion and you still find ways
to laugh
and sneak in kisses
and have stuff to talk about,
when you go on a date,
I think that's pretty special.
So, I choose to whistle while I work,
on marriage.
Know what Friends?
Its working.

No comments:
Post a Comment