Friends,
I got together with 4 super amazing
friends the other weekend.
These are women that I have been friends with,
since elementary school.
The 4 of us have not all been together
at the same time,
in the same place,
in decades.
Break out the wine!
Tell me more!
Shut up!
Don't stop!
I think? I maybe? Just peed my pants.
You too?
I knew we would always have a lot in common!
We enjoyed a good old fashion
Wisconsin fish fry and cheese curds.
And more wine.
(surely you will recognize a few of these suspects.
Becky, Cathie, Karla, Julie, and me = The Giant. #whendidthishappen?)
We laughed. We cried.
Mostly, we laughed so hard, we cried.
We reminisced.
We shared similar life lessons learned.
Our old school togetherness
instantly came back together.
We are all living different lives
and our connection is the same,
as it always was.
But better,
because now we are women,
and not the scared little girls we used to be.
Yay Us!
We found our power.
I'd love to tell you about it all,
but there was so much wine,
and a runaway bride,
and a turquoise bra fashion show,
and I just can't
quite keep up
on the details of it all.
Let's just say it was magical.
And since our gathering,
we all now have to report
to the principal's office.
And we broke the athletic code.
I posted the pic of us all on Facebook,
and I got some comments and messages about how we all look the same as we always did.
I had some questions about our secrets to
our youthful appearance.
So, I will share the secret.
Its this thing called a Mary Kay Facial Mask.
We did it once in 1991.
It seems to have worked miracles!
Cheers and Aho and Girl Power, Friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment