Labels

Friday, August 30, 2013

First day of school

Ahh, Friends.
It arrived.
The back to school time.
I tried to be really easy,
breezy, beautiful Cover Girl
about it,
to keep us all calm.
I did good.
Here's proof,
they look so relaxed!
 
 
So calm,
almost too cool for school.
 
Totally put together.
(the socks?  I know.  I did that on purpose.)
 
They were maybe even,
just a liiiitle excited.
 
I am a hyper nervous wreck.
We don't exactly have it all figured out yet.
From after school care to soccer
practice and dance.
I have no idea how we are going to do this.
 
I can't even let my mind wander
to the fact that my youngest baby
is a Kindergartner.
Just can't even go there.
 
When the kids felt a hint of nerves,
I reminded them...
some days we all have to put
 on our backpacks and go out into the world
and do our best job.

So here we go.
And yes we did.
And we keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive