


As usual it was a mad rush to get out of our house. Packing and laundry came at the last minute, but by the time our cab arrived, we were packed and ready to get out the door. The lower half of the house was clean (to ensure a pleasant arrival back home). However, our bed is full of folded laundry and a complete disaster, as we quickly discarded what we didn't need in the suitcases. Whathaveyou.
It was a long day of travel. D thought our flight was nearly ended so we put on our shoes and packed up our things only to hear the pilot announce, we would be there IN AN HOUR! Grrr.
Off came the shoes and out came all the paraphenelia, once again dropping crayons and crumbs, as it is when traveling with small children.
When we arrived at our Mike Ditka's resort co
ndo on Bonfire Beach Drive and walked in, I started to cry. WHO ARE WE?? A beautiful, peaceful space with living, kitchen, bathroom, closet big enough for CC's pack and play (do not judge, she loves it!!), laundry closet, and bedroom big enough for the rest of us...a week to live somewhere else. And really live! We filled the fridge with groceries and moved everything around to suit us, gave the girls the bath they missed this morning and poured a glass of wine. Our children played in their Disney jammies in preparation for tomorrow. I felt guilty?...maybe. To be here. To have this. To have ALL this! While others are stuck in the snowstorm of the midwest in the depressing early February times, preparing for work this week. Then Darin reminded me, we have earned it. And we have. And for all those days I am doing laundry while on conference calls, and feeding Charlotte mac and cheese while I mute and unmute myself during important meetings, feeling pulled constantly to be in two places of priority at once. At last I get reprieve. A break. A real break with no competing priorities between work and children, or dishes and reading books. The ONE AND ONLY priority here is to relax and enjoy my family.
ndo on Bonfire Beach Drive and walked in, I started to cry. WHO ARE WE?? A beautiful, peaceful space with living, kitchen, bathroom, closet big enough for CC's pack and play (do not judge, she loves it!!), laundry closet, and bedroom big enough for the rest of us...a week to live somewhere else. And really live! We filled the fridge with groceries and moved everything around to suit us, gave the girls the bath they missed this morning and poured a glass of wine. Our children played in their Disney jammies in preparation for tomorrow. I felt guilty?...maybe. To be here. To have this. To have ALL this! While others are stuck in the snowstorm of the midwest in the depressing early February times, preparing for work this week. Then Darin reminded me, we have earned it. And we have. And for all those days I am doing laundry while on conference calls, and feeding Charlotte mac and cheese while I mute and unmute myself during important meetings, feeling pulled constantly to be in two places of priority at once. At last I get reprieve. A break. A real break with no competing priorities between work and children, or dishes and reading books. The ONE AND ONLY priority here is to relax and enjoy my family.
I went to sleep peacefully, knowing THIS I can do. And this I can do well. Oh the adventures that lie ahead...the calm before the storm of magic that awaits us!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment