Labels

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 5-Last Call

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Soooo AweSOME! Says Lily!


Ariel teased Lily about her hair and wondered if she used a "dinglehopper" to comb it?
You can fly!


The best secret on this trip? Charlotte ate for free...she eats 3X as much as the rest of us, to which Darin is now calling her "Fridge".



Belle!


Jasmine (when Lily asked D his favorite princess, he declared Jasmine)...umm do you think its due to the fact she is also the princess wearing the LEAST amount of clothing?? :)



Snow White (my favorite)


Cinderella!


Teacups!

Baby Minnie purchased with her own birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa


Ponchos ready to go!


Minnie comes to Lily's birthday breakfast!



And Donald Duck too! (notice Charlotte eating?)




And Goofy! (notice Charlotte's mouthfull again and always!!!)




We woke slowly today and had late breakfast with Donald Duck, Goofy and none other than Minnie Mouse! Lily received a birthday card signed by the characters and a cupcake and a song. To my surprise the attention delighted her and also made her very nervous. The food was delicious, however. And a perfect way to spend our morning, as it was raining. Raining, raining, raining. We couldn't decide what to do. And eventually decided on a couple of ponchos and high hopes for better weather. When we arrived at Magic Kingdom the rain had slowed. We watched a 3D movie that was previously enjoyed and Lily requested. When we exited the rain was pouring!!! Actually, pouring sideways to be more accurate!!! Darin and Lily rode the Teacups three times in a row while C and I found shelter in a gift shop. Lily also did some shopping with her very own birthday money, and settled on a baby Minnie stuffed animal because in Lily's words "she's just so adooooorable!" and I heard her whispering to Minnie that she would love her and keep her cozy, etc. While us gals shopped, D ran off to get FastPasses to Thunder Mountain Railroad (Lily's alltime favorite). We attempted to make it our last ride the other day we were there and it was closed due to mechanical problems, much to Lily's sorrow. Today, being our last day, it was the one and only thing we HAD to do. Next, Lily and I met Ariel in her underwater world while D and C waited undercover. Then it was time for an early dinner in Cinderella's Castle. We were all wet, tired, cold, sick of our plastic ponchos, and losing our patience. Once inside, the was Castle Amazing!!! The meal delicous (I had lamb chops and a salmon and crab cake appetizer with caramel creme brulee for dessert) Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty, for those folks that aren't up and up with the Disney princess world) stopped at our table to chat and pose for a photo. We had alone time with Cinderella. Again, Lily got a birthday song and special dessert. Darin and I loved this event much more than our tired children. We had reached the end of our rope. So out we went to ride the coaster two more times and head home. The rain had stopped by now, and when we got to the coaster, AGAIN it was closed for mechanical problems. Lily was so sad. So was I, but poor little C needed to get home. We talked about being spoiled (she has so many questions about why the Beast was spoiled as a prince and under the spell, but Ariel also wanted so many things and not spoiled...and to this, I can not accurately explain). Alas, we chose The Haunted Mansion as our last ride. To be expected C feel asleep and was successfully transfered to a stroller. As a very last ditch effort, we ran into a store to ask if our coaster was now working, they called the coaster up and IT WAS UP AND RUNNING!!! Lily and I ran out and gave D the thumbs up and together we all RAN towards it. We had the park to ourselves. It was awesome. NO wait for anything and now, no rain!!! We rode that coaster about 5 times in a half hour, switching riders with Lily and watching the Sleeping Charlotte Beauty. And then we left. Sadly. On our ride home we gave awards and applause for best 5 year old behavior on the trip, best 1 1/2 year old on the trip, best Dad award, best Mom award, and best overall family trip and performance, which went out to...Lowe Family Circus. Clapping (even C), high fives all around and a promise to return.
Charlotte led herself to her closet tonight (I told you she loved it!), and Lily is "resting" so she says in bed. D is watching the History Channel, and I am on the computer, thinking about the laundry I am going to do before our flight tomorrow, catching up on work and personal emails, etc.
So I see, we are already getting back into it. And it is ok. I guess you can't be on vacation forever, although despite the obvious limitations, I wonder why? As does Lily. And Darin.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive