A whole new world
Be our guest!
Totally Minnie-Minnie Mouse!
Little Mousekeeter!
" LIKE OMG, where's Troy?"-"not really here, Honey."
As if...we could continue having fun. You would think the parades, the characters, the music, the magic would get a bit too much after a while. I think maybe I thought so when we arrived today with so much on the agenda. Again. Same fun, different park. Much to my surprise...um...no. It just keeps going. This time with a High School Musical 3 parade/show as the start! More rides, many more interactive rides, and more shows. We went underwater with Ariel the Mermaid, saw a Broadway-like show of Beauty and the Beast, joined the Muppets in a 3D movie, went to Playhouse Disney where we jumped and sang and joined in the fun...and on and on. Darin and I each had a chance to ride 2 thrill rides san kids. The kids played in a "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play yard with grass blades and paper clips as big as our house! for the first ride D and I did solo. The second adult ride, was an Aerosmith themed ride. The kids danced around in front of me as we waited for Darin. Charlotte was getting tired and I held her in my arms and sang "Don't Want to Miss a Thing". I thought it was so special to be singing this love song to my baby and the lyrics perfectly described how I felt about our nap yesterday day. She kept looking at me with her face pressed against mine and laughed, put her index finger up to her mouth and said "shh. quiet." HAHAHA! Who KNEW she KNEW that? Funny baby, must've learned from all the shows we watched today. Good thing I chose NOT to audition for American Idol, which was also an option today. I have a horrible voice (anyone surprised?) but also the rockstar fantasy that Lily does and had to consider for a second....
The very best part of our day and I am so glad we all had enough in us to stay late and experience this... was the Fantasmic Lights Show. It was worth every second of the hour wait. It was amazing. Water lit on fire, fireworks from Mickey's hands, colorful fountains, lasers, and orchestra, not mention the story about good overcoming evil. I can not explain how awesome it was and we already have seen a bazillion of the best shows on earth in the past few days. To be truly amazed. AGAIN! When it is late and we are tired and the wait was long is unexplainable.
Now as I write this...it is the night before the last night of vacation. When we got here it seemed like we had all the time in the world and suddenly it is coming to a close.
A few final thoughts before our last day. 1-The theme of Disney right now is..."Celebrate". The words to the theme song go like this (and naturally the lyrics along with the big booming music, makes me cry) "celebrate the dream inside of you. The dream that just came true!" This trip IS a dream come true for me. As (hopefully) every mom feels, I do too. I have the best kids in the whole word. So enthusiastic. Such troopers. No (ok very LITTLE) complaining, whining, begging, fighting, etc. Mostly just curiousity and interest. So much joy and too much fun these girls that have been gifted to us!
ALL the credit of this trip goes to my dear husband. D planned it (perfectly). He researched and got us flights, hotel, car, directions, and tickets, ahead of time (he gets this gift of great trip planning from his mom, so thank you also Diane for the trait!). D got us park maps and ran to get us FastPasses while we played, so we wouldn't wait in line, and could ride every ride. As much of a martyr as I am, let's be honest... in a big way , Darin earned it for all of us by going to work everyday while some days the girls and I stay home and play. On this trip he woke up early every morning and made a hot breakfast for the girls (and for me, which consists of coffee and a freshly washed apple). He is dreamy in every single way (on vacation anyway). Haha. He knows a compliment just wouldn't be real if I didn't add the backhand.
So yes, my dreams have come true. And I feel like Lily "I love to live. Thank you for my life"
On another note. Lily and I were in line to meet Minnie Mouse today and we were told we were the last ones. Noone else would be allowed. A few minutes passed and there was a mom, a boy and a girl behind us, who started telling everyone that rushed up to the line, that THEY were Minnie's last visitors, at this time. We made fast friends. I heard her say to her daughter something about redoing her braids because they were already coming out, and I smiled and knew the feeling of a gal with hair that doesn't like to be controlled and suddenly being in public and noticing this fact. And I happen to mention to the mom, maybe she got lucky because we were also told we were last visitors to Minnie. (thinking we shared a secret and she was getting away with something and I was on her team.) She responded, kindly, with the fact that they got in because they were on a Make A Wish trip. And this (perhaps 8 year old) gal had cancer.
If you are wondering, NO I didn't cry at this exact moment. I looked at that girl (who looked alarmingly similar to Lily, all of a sudden, with pale skin a sprinkle of freckles across her nose, and her messy braids) and her little (perhaps 5 year old) brother holding her hand, and her mom keeping them happy during the wait...and for whatever reason I could relate. In the only way I could. Actually having NO IDEA what this is.
And I thought again about dreams and wishes.
And I guess that is all I can say about this one. Because it is just too big and too real and too everywhere. And if I thought this morning that I might be having JUST another day in paradise, I quickly changed my attitude and again felt all the gratitude and blessings that I have already been given.
So now...as you would come to expect of me on vacation. THIS goes down as the greatest day in history for Lowe Family Circus.
Love your loved one. Be on vacation everyday in your mind. Celebrate the dream inside of you...the dream that just came true.

No comments:
Post a Comment