Labels

Friday, October 15, 2010

Dear Family, I changed my mind. Come back. Love-Heddie



We had a visit from Nanna!!!

Nanna was here just long enough to be immersed in our regular routine: walking Lily to school, bathtime, Crushers soccer, running errands, rocking Charlotte to sleep.

It was wonderful!

I love my family so much that I wish to be with them all the time.



On the other hand, I pride myself and my family on our independence, our openness,

and mostly our love that keeps us connected despite the distance between.


My family has always been adaptable. And strong. And unconventional.

But I love them so much I wish to be near them every day.

I do and I do and I do.

That being said, I remember a time when we lived much closer.

So close we were nearly on top of each other in a tiny little rental home.

Sue and I sharing a loft for a bedroom.

Baby Jake sharing a room with Mom and Paul.

And there were many moments I wished for some distance.

I did and I did and I did.

(Like during my birthday slumber parties for instance.)

So I got what I wished for with distance.

And now I want them back.

Because a girl can change her mind.

And my feelings about my family are mutual when I say,

Can't live with them. Can't live without them!


So what we do is enjoy being together when we can.

We do and we do and we do.


This weekend, Auntie Sue joined us for an overnight slumber party.

We played cards, watched movies, ate, talked, laughed, cried, and enjoyed an afternoon at the pumpkin patch.

I treasured the moments with all the girls together!












I was sad to see them leave.

But then again...it was probably only a matter of time before I started stealing Sue's shampoo, making her mad at me. And Mom would have to go bed early and wouldn't be interested in hearing the end of my story making me mad at her.

Or not?


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive