Labels

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Inspiration

Life has been so busy I haven't had a chance to sit down and share.
So in an attempt to catch you 3 readers up with us, I will share everything at once, in a really disjointed, and confusing sort of manner, as you have come to know and love about me.
Mostly you should know, I have been inspired by many things in our 5 day absence.
I am inspired by Lily's determination.
She had a lightbulb moment with soccer and since then the games have not been the same
(Darin and I are no longer on the sidelines wondering if we should go out there and do it ourselves in our own frustration).
Lily is suddenly playing with force, sportmanship and confidence.
She went from a timid "girl" on the team, to one of the best players, challenging the boys on the field.
In one practice she was the only girl. They were doing a drill where she was playing defense and the World Cup Champion of the team said "this will be easy, she's a girl!" to the rest of the boys.
Lily yelled back "its not alway easy, Marco! Just try it!"
and that girl of ours went on to beat....
every. single. member. of. the.team.
(all boys. not that any parent is counting.)
At home she likes to be referred to as Coach Sue Slyvester.

My biggest inspirations are always dancing and reading:
We skipped our dance classes to attend a Family Reading Camp Night at school.
I had no idea what to expect.
I was pleasantly surprised by the creativity of the staff that turned the school into a campground.
Here is Lily's principal reading from a raft in the lake.

I love Lily's principal. She knows the 3 of us Lowe Girls by first name, and none of us have had to report to her office by first period.
She has 2 son's the ages of my girls. "Lily" and "Charlotte" are her favorite girl names.
Did I already say that I love her? I mean LOVE.
She has my FAVORITE Principal name :)
Ms. Lily's PrinciPAL that is.

Sunset (always an inspiration)
during Reading "Camp"
such a wonderful way to spend an evening!

Lily's playdate with new bestie Kylie from Kindergarten!
This happened to be Kylie's wedding day so I was allowed to take pictures.
(I know it looks like Kylie won the fight by getting married and
Charlotte is bowing her head and rolling her eyes in...prayer?
Please do not read too much into the symbolism here,
we have new friend and that is what matters!)
Witnessing the new love grow between friends reminds me of my best friends in kindergarten. They remain my best friends of today.
There was Something about my best girl friends that matched The Something in me.
We saw the world from a similar view, even at age 5.
Of all the friendships Lily has experienced this is the one that reflects that sort of mutual understanding the best.
I think because they chose each other.
It wasn't family, or friends-like-family, or daycare, or neighborhood connections that initiated.

It was just connecting with a stranger...

... in the strange situation of kindgarten
that made them friends.
Lucky for us all, Kylie also has a little sister and lives in our neighborhood.
So our house is filled with even more girls and giggles and "wedding days" than ever before!

p.s. Dear God let me stay here in this heaven forever.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive