Labels

Friday, October 1, 2010

Homecoming Queen

My annual work convention was in Orlando this year. It was my personal best convention yet. I persuaded (bribed) many of our clients to give video testimonials of their experience with my company on film. This is a first for our company and I literally was the first (and one of few) to get footage. I loved interviewing clients and hearing their positive experiences about my company (work family).
Darin said I finally got my "Oprah" moment, as I tend to interview (interogate) anyone upon first meeting.
I came home with more knowledge and a deeper connection then when I left.

As you can see, I also had a chance to play...Big Time




The best part of going away is the sweet feeling of coming home!

Sweet Home Chicago!








I fell even more in love with my family in our absence. Darin and the girls did great without me. They missed me (at least they told me so), but they were happy and fine without me.
It was fun to talk with them on the phone, and catch up each day, from afar.
Lily read a book to me over the phone.
I could interpret all Ceci's words and sounds, as if I was with her.
When I walked in the door the 4 of us raced to each other and couldn't stop hugging.
The house was clean. The kids were clean. Everyone was happy.
They all pitched in to help each other out and prepare for my return.
It was the happiest homecoming I have ever had.
What a wonderful break! And a more wonderful return.
I thank Darin for being The. Best. Husband. And Father. In The World.
I can learn a lot from him. Mostly to stop sweating the small stuff.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive