We did get our family vacation.
It started with a 12 hour road trip to North Carolina.
The drive was awesome.
I can't believe I would say this, when I totally suck sitting still in a car.
But Darin drove the whole way.
I read a fantastic book (Wally Lamb's "The Hour I First Believed")
and the kids are awesome travelers.
We saw mountains in Tennesse and drove through tunnels
(a favorite)
I packed us up with games and Mad Libs and music that made the driver super fun for all.
We drove through a few major cities (some call it the empty stadium tour)
Here is Indianapolis.
D even let us stop for gas and a stretch every 3 hours!
This was his compromise to me=the worlds' worst car traveler!
Thanks D!
Welcome to North Carolina!
Kentucky Countryside
Turns out, being held hostage in a car with nothing to do but read and think and listen to music and enjoy your family is not actually the worse thing in the world.
I am proved wrong on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment