After celebrating Halloween and wearing our costumes at every opportunity,
for the past few weeks...
for the past few weeks...
the actual holiday commenced.
I volunteered in Lily's classroom for her party.
I am glad to report she is happy in her second grade classroom.
She has many friends.
A favorite, is Bobby, in the Mario costume.
He's like, her boyfriend, I guess.
She brings his name up,
as many times as possible each day.
I watched him follow her
around for the entire party.
Wherever she was,
he happened to be right next to her.
I can see how much they really dig each other.
Its the sweetest, most innocent, friendship love
between a boy and a girl.
They like each other so much, that
they are not even embarassed about it.
Charlotte sings
"Lily and Bobby sittin' in a tree.
K-I-YES-YES-I-N-G!"
Lily says,
"Charlotte, you are saying it wrong, but that's ok."
"Charlotte, you are saying it wrong, but that's ok."
Lily also has besties from last year,
Caroline and Kylie.
Lily has a whole classroom of awesome kids, that she has become friends with
and I am getting to know.
2nd graders are funny.
These kids have opened up to me easily.
I have been a reading volunteer twice, and by the time I was at their Halloween Party, they were already filling me in on the important events in their personal lives.
Things like:
"I passed my Mindcraft video game level,"
"my dog died",
"my Grandma is picking me up today",
"our gym teacher is mean",
"I love to dance, I got the moves".
And these are quotes from the boys.
Can you imagine what I hear from the girls?
A lot of this awesome classroom-ness has to do with the teacher.
Last year she was Lily's first grade teacher and it was her first year teaching.
Lily and I, both LOVE her.
Just a little bit.
Can you tell?
We are thrilled to get her again.
I am confident she loves us back.
(oh and there's Bobby again)
(oh and there's Bobby again)
After classroom parties, it was time to trick or treat in the neighborhood.
This might be the cutest day on earth.
The kids were so excited to be dressed up together.
Their excitement was contagious.
They were so happy to be out and about together, with big confidence to ring doorbells and walk up to front doors.
I don't think candy even mattered.
Or if anyone even answered the door.
Darin was gone for work last year and missed trick or treating.
Neither of us were missing this year.
And since we live on a cul-de-sac,
with few visitors,
we left our candy out for the taking.
Darin added a note to keep everyone
on an honor system.
on an honor system.
I wish we had video.
When we returned,
it was gone.
All of it.
You have to appreciate the costume and winter apparel, at the same time.
Midwest, Baby.
In typical Lowe Halloween fashion,
I had to clean the beer cans out of the wagon upon our return home.

No comments:
Post a Comment