Labels

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Perfect Weekend

We had a perfect weekend at home.
Saturday, the Outlaws came
to take the kids shopping.
This meant D and I had the day to ourselves,
which was pretty much my dream day.
I took D to the gym with me.
I rarely hit the gym on a weekend,
so this was a treat.
Then we went to the bookstore and browsed leisurely for hours.
We ended the day by heading to the city
 for dinner with friends.
We ate at a place called Farmhouse.

The concept was farm to table. 
Everything (including the microbrews)
were from WI, IA, IL or MI.
I had the short ribs
and I didn't even need to use a knife.
You heard me. 
It was awesome.
We were home and tucked in bed,
our tummies full and our hearts happy by 11 pm.
 
I asked the waiter to take our picture.
What I didn't notice until now,
was the picture behind us,
just might be Lily Lowe.
 
The next morning was a delight.
I love Sundays when we are all home together without any plans,
 except to relax and get our house in order.
I love it especially when the whole family takes part in getting the house in order part.
This Sunday, we raked leaves and put our patio furniture away for the season.
It was a beautiful day.
We all wore our sweats.
I had a pot roast in the crock.

 
Lily also wore her new headphones ear muffs,
that the Outlaws bought her the day before.
To match her neon jacket.
She can't take them off.
Let the girl live her live in neon!
 
 


Happy  Fall Y-all.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive