Happy Stories, Friends.
Lily had the role of Tree Three in the 2nd grade musical.
She practiced for weeks.
(She had one line).
She taught Charlotte all the songs.
We arrived on time to get Lily in her spot in the "green room"
and headed to the gym to grab seats.
There were none.
I nearly cried and then in a very awkward way,
the janitors set up new chairs
ahead of the first row.
I felt bad for the people that got there before us, but I was not shy about grabbing seats for the whole Lowe Family gang.
So we nearly had front row seats.
Charlotte was quite proud to see our stars name in the program.
I didn't realize that not every 2nd grader had a role or a line.
When I saw that Lily was one of few, I beamed.
Can you spot her in the picture making faces at me from across the gym?
She was onstage for 2 full acts of a 3 act play.
As you can see, she took her role as Tree Three incredibly seriously.
And in her own words,
"nailed it!"
The show offered all the character you expect from an elementary school performance.
The teacher tripped and fell over the cords.
The speakers squeaked and squawked at all the wrong times.
It was full of awesome character.
Especially my first born.

No comments:
Post a Comment