Happy Holidays, Friends.
We were grateful my Uncle Randy hosted a Herwig Christmas on a day we could attend.
We got to see all my family that I love so dearly.
Here's my amazing Grandma.
She can still touch her toes.
She will be 90 years old in July!
Her (boy)friend Harald (95) moved into her apartment building, right next door to her.
She says she knocks on his door and calls out
"are you decent? can I come in?"
Isn't she wonderful?
I am one of many of her fans.
D adores her.
Its mutual admiration.
Both Democrats, for starters.
Plus, he married me.
Marrying a Herwig,
means he made a perfect choice.
Grandma's grandchildren are perfect, in her eyes.
I saw my Aunt Jill for the first time since her breast cancer diagnosis.
She is recovering strongly
and has completed her treatment.
I got to see her, after her first haircut.
With no need for the gray wig
that makes her look like Aunt Joan's twin.
I got observe this beautiful
connection between sisters.
It brings tears to my eyes.
Aunt Jill never took me up on sending a frozen casserole or all those stupid things
you suddenly offer, when you realize someone you love is in pain.
It makes me treasure the brief moments we have to be together with family.
Randy's gal and Lily played like cousins
upon arrival.
Texting D from across the room with giggles.
I was surrounded in love.
I am over the moon in love with Sister Amy's
growing foster family.
No words can expresss the joy,
in having our first real cousins.
And my first real neice and nephew.
And Amy and Josh absolutely thriving in the role of Mom and Dad.
I love all the Herwigs.
They are like My People, Man.

No comments:
Post a Comment