Labels

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Merry, Merry!

Hi Friends!
 
I hope I didn't concern you in my last post.
It was sorta heavy, strange, and honest.
 
I have a few excuses for that:
 
It was a full moon.
So full that you could also see Jupiter next to it
(did you see it?  it was awesome!). 
 
It might have to do with the fact that I am reading
Brene Brown's book, Daring Greatly
(highly recommended)
 
And I had a lot of time to think.
 
And even some left over time to overthink,
which is a blessing and curse for someone like me.
 
Anywho...
this weekend was a perfect mix of at home with the family catching up on life,
and enough plans to get us all out. 
Saturday we got our tree, and it had to sit and settle for a day before decorating,
or shall I say,
in Fancy Nancy style, accessorizing?
 
Saturday night we went to Lilacia Park for the lighting ceremony and joined our old neighbors, The Shooters.
 
I took a lot of bad pictures
on the wrong camera setting.
 
But trust me, it was beautiful!
There was a 10...3,2,1, countdown
with Santa in the dark
and then BAM!!
the WHOLE PARK LIT UP AT ONCE!
Pure magic! 
And the kids played...
 And I took more bad pictures, and asked others to take bad pictures of me and my family,
and then I offered to do the same for them.
 And then I tried to focus on the lighting to get an average picture of something, anything, like say a little gingerbreadhouse,
 that was so cute all lit up...
 and the kids kept playing...
 and then the kids started asking me to take
(bad) pictures of them in bad lighting...

and me,
being the good mom that I am,
I did.
I snapped every shot they wanted.
 
We ended in the old hood in the The Shooters "backyard", with outdoor bar, tv (hello, Badger Game!), and naturally plently of cocktails and the debauchery that we love. 
 
On Sunday, we slept in.
We made (pinterest inspired) pumpkin waffles.
We trimmed our tree.
Last year we had a perfect tree.
This year, our tree is not perfect.
But we did make it look pretty good with our oodles of ornaments.
Some are vintage hand me downs
from my Grandma.
Some are from my childhood.
A few, are from D's childhood.
Many are homemade by the girls.
Some were a bridal shower gift to us.
Some we have acquired on our travels.
Most are random gifts.
One is from my baby shower with Lily.
Two are from Charlotte's,
 Baby Blessing Ceremony.
 
They are all so cool.
So treasured.
So memorable every year,
when we pull out our favorites once again.
 

 We don't have an awesome topper.
Lily tried the one we have and it didn't fit.
So we added an angel we stole from my mom's house, which fits by size, but got crushed in my suitcase on the way home,
and isn't really our style anymore, if there is such a thing as style with our electric tree.
The 90's-ish Angel was meant for Charlotte's little tree in her room.
Does a tree need a topper?
I kinda like the au natural vibe a naked top gives,
considering the overloaded rest of the tree.
So there we sit for now.
Gazing at our glorious tree.
Admiring the lights and our handiwork and decorative skills.
 I really love the holidays,
especially once the calendar hits December,
and the tree is up.
But what about this warm weather?
Should I add it to my list of gratitude or worries?

 

 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive