Grandpa and Grandma took Lily to her first soccer game of the season last week, while D and I were out of town.
So this Saturday was our first soccer game.
Gone are the days were Friday nights at the local watering hole is where its at.
Saturday morning on the soccer field is the new place to see and be seen.
We ran into old neighbors, new neighbors, preschool friends, and last season's soccer friends.
It is great to be building a sense of community and connecting with other families in our area.
It is wonderful that Lily is the one to bring us together with other families.
Lombard really is becoming the hometown for all of us.
Our former Cubs teammate, Matthew becomes our competition!
Neighbor and friend Lily joins the Crushers Team!
Team "Crushers" little sisters and most loyal fans!
Most think there are 2 sets of twins, Lily and Lilia, and Charlotte and Adrie!
Pre game Pep talk from Coach
Uncle Bob shows a tree frog, even upside down!
I love the idea of our kids growing up together...
just like we did.
Speaking of hometowns, after our game, the girls and I heading to my hometown to visit Bob, Cathie, and Jesse as Darin headed to the Badger game.
Its exciting to get to know new friends,
but its comforting to have the ones from way back when...
We enjoyed our usual love and affection
aka Girl Time from Auntie Cathie,
while Jesse napped!
Lily touched, it = ewww.
While I enjoyed some afternoon vino, sitting in the fall sun!
Wasn't that nice of me? To share my kids?
Yes, I know.
just like we did.

No comments:
Post a Comment