The Little Chap that Follows Me (annoymous)
A careful man I want to be;
A little fellow follows me.
I dare not go astray,
For fear he'll go the self same way.
I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whate'er he see me do, he tries.
Whate'er he see me do, he tries.
Like me, he says he's going to be;
The little chap that follows me.
He thinks that I'm so very fine,
Believes in every word of mine.
The base in me, he must not see
The little chap that follows me.
I must remember as I go,
Through summer's sun and winter's snow,
I'm building for the years to be
I'm building for the years to be
The little chap that follows me.
The words remind me of Charlotte and me. With Lily off to school, we are enjoying our uninterupted time together. Charlotte is my best helper. She helps cook and clean all day long. I tease that this is because she is Polish, like me. She is the tidiest and most organized toddler I have ever known. I consider her the best roommate in the house (shhh, don't tell Darin and Lily). She is content and happy and joyful. Most always. I adore her. I love having her by my side all day long.
Every evening at dinner time she pulls up a stool and announces "I want to help"
Chef Ceci
Her and (Minnie Bitty) make the best running partners too. Never in need of entertainment, just happy to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. They are never impatient and always smiling watching the world go by, pointing out flowers and leaves and squirrels.

No comments:
Post a Comment