Labels

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Moving out

Now really, does this photo need a description? I think you get the idea...not to get all Shaggy on you, but "it wasn't me."

On a more serious note, we are missing our favorite things that rest in packed boxes amongst us.
We are getting more and more annoying to each other as the days go on.
Every. Single. One. Of. Us.
We are taking turns spreading our last nerves around, so The Entire Lowe Family Circus is on edge, and not only me. this time.
"A family that acts out together, stays together!"
"We are only as happy as our most miserable member" (and Ceci is nearly two, can you imagine how we feel at times?... stomping our feet with crocodile tears rolling down our faces?)
I now understand why MOVING lives on the upper east side of life's most stressful events list. We are up to our eyeballs in moving. Our daily check ups are with movers and buyers and sellers and real estate agents and lawyers and bankers. Our free time is spent on the phone with automatic voices, punching in numbers, only to repeat them to a live representative, moments later. We are in the business of... starting service, stopping service, changing addresses, etc.
It is nearing the end of the long haul, just a day or so before the arrival of U-Haul (or in our case, the friendly folks at Mayflower delighted to take our last dollar).
I haven't allowed myself to get happy about our change until right now. There has been too much to do and too much to worry about and its not over until we are handed the keys. And right now, I am taking a leap of faith, that after I blink my eyes and click my heels, the keys will be in my hand and I will be home. This new home is filling me with such relief. The neither here nor there state of being is about to end, which in turn, creates a spiral of a new circle of new begining. And I mull over a quote I recently came across and I am reminded, of a favorite matra that I repeated daily in this little, dark, dusty-ish house that happiness is a state of mind. Much the same, Mr. Benjamin Franklin says "A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body."
And so I wish for my new home to contain the same happiness we have found here. With more closets. And bathrooms. And the formal dining room, first floor laundry,pantry and mudroom I have been wishing for. I pray my new home will be a retreat for me and my family and all that come to visit. I already have my housewarming gift request granted by Genie-est friend, Cathie. I was gifted with a guest journal for all that walk through our threshold and enjoy time in our walls to document about their experience. I wonder what this house's history has been, and I ask "Dear New House-Are you ready for us? We are ready for you! See you Friday!-Already yours, Lovingly, Lowe Family Circus"

1 comment:

S said...

Heather, do you have any idea how I adore you? You are such a breath of fresh air! May I please come and visit sometime? I'd love to leave my name and comments in your journal....how cool is that idea?

I wish you many continued good memories in your new house....I have a strong feeling they will be plentiful! How could they not with your exuberance and beauty. Your family is so lucky!

My Blog List

Blog Archive