Labels

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lost and Found

My time in Colorado was the kind of time I will remember for all the days of my life. The kind of time I will refer back to when I need to recall a sense of love, energy, belonging, and peace.
Thank you family! I'll let the pictures speak my words...
Amazing Grace
When I arrived in Colorado I was a bit lost.
(Obviously see previous post aka...
The only thing I knew for sure was that there was laundry to be done)

I found myself on this trip.
What did I find?
I found a sense of belonging.
I found myself holding a very important branch on a very large and historic family tree.
I am a Lensmire Cowgirl.
We rode horses through the Garden of Gods (literally) in Colorado Springs, and all of us felt Cowboy Grandpa Lensmire's memory in the view, the horses, and each other.
I found quiet.
My own personal "om".
(A very rare find for an extrovert like me )
I found deeper connection.
My little brother Jake, is my most unique of close relationships.
Between us, the quiet moments are more profound than the moments filled with chatter.
I found Power in my past, present, and future.
Thanks to my Greatest Hero, my Mom.

I found Beauty.
I learned beauty has nothing to do with physical appearance and everything to do with essence.
Thanks to these most beautiful beauties.

I found my inner child (haha)
I am reminded that I am not all laundry, I also know how to play.
I found true sisterhood in my cousin Amber.
"Cousins are many, best friends a few. What a delight to have found both in you!"
Thanks to all that made it happen.
The folks there with me( you know who you are) and the folks at home taking care of things while I was gone (you know who you are).
I am eternally grateful for this moment in time with some space to figure myself out.
Life since I have been back has been dreamy. I think we all enjoyed the break from me, and welcomed the more peaceful me that returned!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive