Friends,
Its that time of year...
Road Trip!
A few new things about this year,
we have a new car, a Buick Enclave,
so we had space and the girls
have their own captain chairs in the back seat.
No more drawing imaginary lines
down the middle.
And I held a baby on my lap the whole trip.
Except that holding a baby on your lap,
in a moving vehicle is illegal.
So I didn't actually hold a baby on my lap.
I just held Rocky and pretended he was my baby.
And 14 hours later,
we were in the mountains!
My little brother Jacob, had to work on a ski hill on the other side of the mountain,
the whole time we were there,
the whole time we were there,
but he surprised me and showed up for a day,
so I got to see him.
This makes me very happy!
This makes me very happy!
He showed up because of car trouble,
but I thank The Universe for that,
because I got to spend time with him.
My Mom has been recovering from back pain,
and I was delighted to finally
have her back in my arms again!
have her back in my arms again!
Nanna's house is the best place for us to relax.
Every one gets special treatment here.
Especially our newest member.
There were treats and dog holiday attire,
balls and squeaky toys,
a captive audience full of rubs and love to give,
and a long path to walk on.
All the things a pup could want.
Here's a quick picture of all of us,
that we took to send to Jacob,
on Thanksgiving Day.
that we took to send to Jacob,
on Thanksgiving Day.
We mostly stayed in and did nothing.
Doing nothing is a bit hard for us,
so we got out to a Rec Center one morning,
and then had an amazing Mexican brunch.
and then had an amazing Mexican brunch.
We were feeling Zen,
as Lily is modeling, ha!
as Lily is modeling, ha!
Doing nothing really means,
doing exactly what we love
in the moment:
in the moment:
reading,
coloring,
games, movies and puzzles.
I never make it a priority to do nothing.
This was a perfect retreat before we headed back home and returned to our busy season.
Charlotte wrote what she is thankful for and its better than anything I could ever write.
"I am thankful for me and my family. I am thankful for food to eat and my family to eat it with. I am thankful for the healthiness in my body. I am thankful for my whole entire life."
I am thankful for my whole entire life too.













No comments:
Post a Comment