Labels

Friday, December 11, 2015

The Crushers!

Friends,
Lily's volleyball team made
the Championship Game!
 
 And then they lost,
but never mind.
We were proud!

It was an amazing season!
Some of the girls were experienced players,
and for some it was their first time.
 
My favorite moment,
was when a first time player,
got her serve over the net,
for the first time all season.
 
The team, coaches and parents,
jumped up and cheered!
 
I about got tears in my eyes,
at the community of people that were on her team,
both liteally and figuratively.
 
You know what she did next?
Got her second serve of the season over the net.
 So, even though we didn't win the championship,
I felt like we were winning at teamwork.
 
One of the Coaches neighbors' announces for a nearby girls college.
 
He invited her to the next girls volleyball game.
She asked if they whole team could come.
 
So we did.
 
We received special treatment from the moment we walked in the door.
When the announcer shared that The Crushers were there, the team decided to go up front and center for their new found celebrity status.

 It was so much fun to see where these 5th graders could be someday.
 
The college girls were so amazing!
 
I loved the vision of watching Lily play in college.
I spent my college Tuesdays evenings at Peanut Night with $3 pitchers of beer at the local watering hole.
 
It would be awesome if Lily spent her Tuesdays,
CRUSHING it in a gym.
 
And maybe little sister will follow her lead.
Take a look at the little sisters below.
 
Slays me.
 
I love being a fan of Team Crushers!
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive