Labels

Friday, December 11, 2015

If You're Happy and You Know It!

Friends,
A quick update on my job.
I am loving it!
 
I am back to my work from home,
set my own schedule,
way of working,
 that works for me.
 
I start my day at 5:45 am when Rocky and I meet friends and neighbor dogs for an hour walk.
 
Then, I have a cup of coffee and watch the sunrise, before slowly waking up the kids,
making lunches,
packing bags,
and braiding hair
before I send them out the door.
 
I love having morning time with them,
without my own rush out the door.
 
Once they are gone, I do the breakfast dishes,
and any dinner prep needed for the evening,
and sit at my computer to start my day.
 
Just to assure you,
I am not in yoga pants everyday.
 
But, I am usually back into them by the time Lily bounces through the door after school.
 
In the interim, I get to go out and attend awesome events, meet amazing clients, and network with some of Chicago's most accomplished professionals.

 
I also stay connected with my own professional
peer group. Happy Hour seems to work best.
Alex and I have both left my previous company and stay connected in our new worlds.
I attended a seminar with my friend KK from my previous company, who has also left and we have become mutual clients for each other.
What fun!

My life and work are finally in perfect harmony.
The connections are genuine friendships,
and that makes for better than a life/work balance,
that makes for life/work integration.
I am passionate about both life and work,
and the people I am connected to at work,
I am connected to in life.
Its the same.
Its the best.


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive