Friends,
Most of the feedback I get from this blog,
is regarding the work/life balance issues,
My posts about work
are also the most viewed of any posts.
So I wanted to share an update,
about my new job.
Its the best.
I don't say that to be fancy,
or tell a nice story.
I say that because it is true.
My passion, beliefs, company leadership,
and life are all in alignment.
While interviewing,
I declared that to be good at my job,
I had to be good at my life.
I required a company that could support this.
Tandem HR and more specifically
my 68 year young boss, Irv, supports this.
I tell Irv, I am taking off early
to go to yoga.
He gives me a smile and a high five.
He calls me and I answer.
In the car, with my kids.
Then he tells everyone in his family,
and in the office,
his latest story...
that Lily introduced herself on the phone,
as Mom's other boss, the real boss.
Here was the view from my home office,
the other day.
I read a quote on LinkedIn that resonated with me.
"Great companies don't hire skilled people and motivate them, they hire already motivated people and inspire them."
I love what I do and I want to do more of it.
I had breakfast with Illinois Governor,
Bruce Rauner.
Naturally, I took a Selfie.
Yikes, politicians make me very nervous.
Mostly, I am having fun, at work.
True story!
Here is an example.
I was at a Chicago Chamber of Commerce Event,
where my company, Tandem HR had a booth.
I looked over and the (gorgeous, young) woman in the booth across from me,
was perfectly coordinated with me.
Even our new manicures matched!
We had so much fun connecting.
I invited her to a Professional Women's Club of Chicago networking event with me.
The event included Champagne and Chocolat.
She wanted to join, but when she went to register they were sold out.
The night of the event came and I was bummed.
I was excited about the event,
but I wanted a side kick, HER, to join me.
She emailed me just as I was leaving,
and I wildly suggested,
she could just meet me there,
and we would try to get her in.
Guess what???
We got her in!
And we enjoyed Champagne.
And Chocolat.
At The Drake Hotel.
At The Drake Hotel.
And this awesome live show of
The Cover Girls violin band,
playing Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.
Please click the link and see for yourself what
amazing entertainment we had.
But mostly, we enjoyed sharing our stories,
with each other.
We formed a friendship.
And don't we all want to do business
with our friends?
So I keep meeting with prospects,
and passionately sharing how I can help them.
We are quickly becoming friends,
and I get to meet with them again and again.
Then, I get a commission check.
For making friends.
Yes, you heard me.
Its a thing.
Its a job.
You can make money by making friends, listening,
solving problems, offering solutions,
and building trust.
DREAM JOB!
So yes, my job is all that and a bag of chips.
Also, my job allows me the freedom,
to leave early for 1/2 priced sushi happy hour,
building vacation beach houses,
taking field trips with Charlotte
(and Kamira),
and casual lunching al fresco with hubs.
So all is right in the world with me.
But let me be clear,
I don't do it all.
As Aunt K suggested when I took the last job,
I still have the cleaning lady
to do the dirty business,
so I can spend my time making friends at work,
and playing with my daughters at home.
My house is perfectly clean for 5 minutes,
every other week.
Oh, and also, the cleaning lady,
might be my very best friend.
To playing with friends,
raise your glass!






1 comment:
Cheers! :)
Post a Comment