Friends,
Lily turned 10.
As in 10.
Like double digits.
How did this happen,
when I am still so young???
Darin was out of town,
but we celebrated by having her favorite meal,
Kielbasa and dirty rice.
Charlotte gifted her with supplies,
for her booming business,
"Lil's Cupcakes and Crafts"
Lily was thrilled, and
Charlotte was proud of herself.
Charlotte was proud of herself.
Then it was back to homework,
for this entrepreneur.
We have half a dozen more celebrations of her birthday coming right up.
As I fell asleep
on the eve of her 10th birthday,
I thought about my gratitude for Lily Lowe,
the girl that made me a mom.
She is such a treasure to me.
I can't believe that my belly once held
this, big, huge, spirited personality.
She lights up a corner, a room, my world.
She absolutely shines enthusiasm,
passion, and compassion so bright,
that she cannot be missed.
Her presence demands attention.
I am thrilled her force of energy
has taken our life (and the world) by storm.
I am proud to be her Mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment