Friends,
My sisters' and I have started some new traditions.
We have our own personal holiday gathering,
February in the Dells.
This was our second annual gathering.
It is really special for us all.
Lily and Charlotte love being big cousins.
I love spending time with the Littles,
and remembering the stages that my girls
have already grown out of.
And handing down oodles
of tiny little clothes to be worn again,
by our very own family,
just like I had with my cousins.
And handing down oodles
of tiny little clothes to be worn again,
by our very own family,
just like I had with my cousins.
Mostly, I love
being adult friends with my young sisters.
And wine in to go cups, of course.
(thanks Amy!)
Dad didn't know it,
but he treated us girls to a spa day.
It was healing and cleansing,
and just what we needed
to rid ourselves
of our sadness of the holiday season,
of our sadness of the holiday season,
and our grief in missing him.
We are all grieving in our own way.
We have made progress along the path
of accepting what is.
And the best thing we can do,
is to hold on to each other.
Sisters, I got you, Babes!

No comments:
Post a Comment