Spring Break, or Bust, Friends.
D was out of town for work.
So we invited company.
Cathie and Jesse came for the weekend!
We took them on a whirlwind tour of Chicago.
Starting with a train ride to the city,
Jesse's favorite thing.
(Charlotte's favorite thing is being with Jesse)
Lily was a perfect chaperone,
for the little love birds.
Our plan was to go to The Children's Museum
at Navy Pier.
Jesse's other favorite thing.
We had fun!
The 5 of us worked hard at constructing a house.
Cathie and I got into destructing the previous house, and building our own.
We both loved organizing our materials.
We acted really breezy when other kids came in and took our stuff.
Because.
It was a children's museum.
I was proud of us, for our pretend
easy going natures.
Its almost like we are growing up,
or maturing in some way.
Jesse spent 2 hours in the water room.
Getting soaked.
Charlotte dutifully stood by his side.
Like a good wife should.
Cathie and I sat on a bench and caught up.
Eventually,
we determined it was time to go.
So we spontaneously
went to The Signature Room
at the top of the Hancock Building.
This was a first for us all.
You know how I just hate champagne.
And incredible views.
The best views are ironically,
from the woman's restroom.
(this travel tip brought to you by Heather Lowe)
We learned a new trick
for group selfies,
by propping the phone up,
on the champagne glass.
In between selfie mastering,
I got to witness fantastic
girl talk conversations
between Lily,
and her Godmother, Cathie.
I was like a fly on the wall.
I loved it.
They are a good match for each other.
They are open to the lessons
the other has to share.
I fell more in love with both of them,
as I witnessed them,
teaching and learning from each other.
We're so fancy.
You already know.
We were right next to the American Girl Store.
We had to go in.
Do you think we had any luck
convincing Jesse into becoming a fan
of our religious cult and personal heaven?
No, not really.
I like that about Jesse.
He has his own opinions,
and stays true to his own
Thomas the Train beliefs.
So we did the right and religious thing by bribing him to tolerate it, and the reward would be a next stop at Hershey Chocolate Factory.
And then we got back on the train,
and picked up Indian cuisine for dinner,
I loved my alone time with Cathie,
cuddled on my couch with a fire,
listening to Sarah McLachlan,
as we have been doing for decades.
While Lily was in charge upstairs,
playing movies, splitting popcorn,
and refilling water bottles.
It was better than our Panama City
Spring Break in 1996.
Less frat boy vomiting too.
Surprising,
since there was so much chocolate consumed.













No comments:
Post a Comment