Labels

Friday, August 13, 2010

"Have I told you lately, that I love you?"-our wedding song

Darin and I spent 29 hours home alone. The girls went to Grandma and Grandpa Lowe's for a carnival and fireworks and in general to be doted on and loved and treated like queens.

What did Darin and I do?
We went to the Forest Preserve in Palatine, IL

WHERE WE GOT ENGAGED!

This was our first time back since we moved, about 7 years ago!

A swan was also visiting (mimicking an ice sculpture)



a close cousin of our wedding flowers, The Gerbers, showed up.


the familiar walk (down the aisle?)




(wedding?) Photographer

(the shadow adds 10 lbs.)




Magical vows under a canopy


Here's how we spent about 4 hours.
Laying on our backs reading our books.

I was in and out of sleep the whole time,
(not much different than our honeymoon!)
A toast to the happy couple

Private dining for two



This 29 hours begs the question, why don't we do this more often???

The best part about, after getting to know each other without the kids again?

It still feels like the first time.
The other question lingering? What did we DO before we had kids? Do you wonder about that every now and then?

2 comments:

Sara said...

I wonder what we did before Madeline ALL the time!! What did we even talk about? :)

Looks like a nice time for the two of you!

Cathie said...

OMG, sounds like marital bliss! How do you manage to do it all?

My Blog List

Blog Archive