Labels

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Loew's (Lowe's?) Cinema

Superstar...looking a bit similar to The SuperStar, right?

I am a bit disturbed that the seemingly 25 year old in this picture happens to be my 5 year old daughter.

How does she do it? How does she know it? Does she know it? What's it? I think she has it. Whatever it is. I am equal parts delighted and scared about it. Whatever it is.


And now for the story...

We were very suddenly charged with hosting a very unplanned party (not totally my style, as you can imagine). And just as quickly as the plans came they were just as suddenly cancelled (as we were just warming up to the idea). This left us in a strange spot for a Friday night.


What are we going to do???


I have been wanting to go see Shrek 3 at the drive in. This was our perfect opportunity. Almost perfect until, I learned Shrek 3 is no longer playing at the drive in, and what was left were movies too violent for our innocent eyes. I pouted for a moment and then I frantically called Darin at work. "Can you bring home a projector from your office and we will do make- your -own- drive- in- theater- in- our- backyard?" Yes!

We (D) grilled. We (mostly Charlotte) ate. We (me) drank cold beer. We (me) made popcorn. Thank God our party plans never came to fruition. This was the most magical night ever. Lily picked a movie titled "Santa Buddies" (which was darling and makes me ALMOST want a dog. Well a -little- nonshedding -puppy- that- never- grows- or -eats -or- poops- or-dies-and speaks in a polite child-like voice anyway.)

We snuggled up and watched the snow fall from the North Pole on the Big Screen (the side of our house) as the fireflies created a light show around us.

The irony was pure magic.

As exciting as the movie was, for Lily (and her shadow) the fact that she was actually ON THE STAGE with the movie and had an adoring audience of parents was a tad more exciting. Not sure she even saw the movie to be honest. It was hard to take her eyes of herself and that gorgeous shadow she owns!

But I thought it was cute. The movie. The Lily. The Darin. The popcorn. The blankets. The great outdoors and our own little family party (way better than the big bash that was being created despite my own hesitation).

Because I have been sharing my savvy financial secrets (if D knew I was promoting my cost savings he would be crying tears of laughter in his sleep)... but I am and I can't stop now!
Cost involved?
$1 movie.
Expensive projector on loan from work
("Lily if you so much as touch these cords, the IT guy will have my head!"-D
"What's an Itiga-guy? Will we go to jail?"-L
"YES!"-H and D in unison :))

A few bickers between D and I about how to set it up and where, etc. (pleasant par for the course with two peeps that both know EVERYTHING better than the other)


All and all...a Most Perfect Friday night. As Ceci would say "More please"

Might do it again with company tomorrow!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive