Just as I suspected you have to live somewhere before you know.
Alas...we are in the process of switching up these rooms. Now that we have a furnished guest room and a furnished dining room...Lily's room is top priority. Here, is the newest addition we will hang, once the moving of furniture has been complete. After months of waiting, "We" are just a little excited about it. Can you tell?
Lily LOVES Taylor Swift. Actually redefined her dream of a room from "Rockstar", to more specifically "TAYLOR SWIFT". After watching a 60 minute Dateline biography together, I am in love too. I find myself running to Taylor Swift songs on my iPod and during these Zen-like moments of reflection, I got to thinking about the songs. And about love, high school, and the fairytale-ness of the lyrics. I am delighted Lily and I can connect on this level. Although I am no longer are worried about "being a cheerleader or being in the bleachers", as Taylor sings...I UNDERSTAND the feelings. So I am using this as a reminder to myself, to remain close and empathetic to Lily as she enters...all the youth stages of her life (for starters kindergarten). Because I was there too. And sometimes it feels far away and hard to relate to, as an adult. When I listen to Taylor Swift, I am reminded this is STILL a part of me, and not only someone I used to be. Instead someone that I have always been. She sings about dreams I still have. In my most innocent, enthusiastic, no limits, sorta self. My 5 year old me, who is BFFs with my 5 year old Lily, (if we were both 5 years old at the same time), that is.
But even at my age, I get Taylor Swift and her music, like some folks get the Twilight series.
And I allow myself get it. To be close to her. Get it?
Lily is also attending a jewelry/bead making class with neighbor girls.
(I am not even going to give the value on this one, its too good to be true.
And this is going to get annoying if I keep it up)
She had her first class and loved it.
Promptly came home and started " teaching" Ceci and I.
At first, Charlotte was the Class Clown...

Lily "The Instructor" quickly realized her skills could be best used on a more competent student, = ME( ignored Ceci) and "taught ME how to braid".
I went along with it and tried not to laugh (or cry) considering how I manage her hair on a daily basis...She says to ME... "first you...then you...not so fast Mom. Go ahead...take your time...you'll get there!"

Soon the Class Clown was also ready for learning and one on one instruction...
Lily "The Instructor" quickly realized her skills could be best used on a more competent student, = ME( ignored Ceci) and "taught ME how to braid".
I went along with it and tried not to laugh (or cry) considering how I manage her hair on a daily basis...She says to ME... "first you...then you...not so fast Mom. Go ahead...take your time...you'll get there!"
Soon the Class Clown was also ready for learning and one on one instruction...
Maybe providing Charlotte with necessary life skills. Meanwhile I have been using Charlotte's cute age to teach her funny things for my pure pleasure and entertainment.


1 comment:
How is it that the girls keep getting cuter and the mama keeps getting hotter? D, you are a very lucky man.
Post a Comment