Here's Team CARE! The night before our 4th annual corporate relay participation in the Chicago Triathlon (Worlds' Largest Tri!)
Being a part of this team and this event has been awesome. But it has run its course. Pun intended. For instance, this year, I was mostly excited for the traditional pasta dinner, we enjoy the night before to "load" up on carbs, like real athletes. Here we are at one of Chicago's finest establishments, Italian Village. Once inside you are in Italy. I LOVE it.

Of course I did the run the following day. At noon. In extreme 98 degree heat. No shade. I was sunburnt and heat stroked before I ever started. But...I finished!

We all finished our race. And I think we ended our Team CARE. My teammates are off to do their own triathlons and such. I am taking up dance, yoga, cooking, and hiking.

Being part of this team has been a priority to me. But this year I missed a Herwig Reunion and my neighborhood Deck Crawl and that kinda hurts. In search for a balance of fitness, family and community, the triathlon is the one to go for next year. Its all good, I mean, look what happened to Beyonce and Justin Timberlake once they went on their own? Could happen to each of us :)
1 comment:
Oh, Heather, you crack me up! Yes, it sounds like it might be time to go on your own... Best of luck to you and your teammates though. You did GREAT! I can't wait to see what you do on your own. :)
Post a Comment