Friends,
I have a confession.
My Outlaws are not really Outlaws.
They are not even In laws.
They are my family.
Somehow after all this time,
it is what it is and they are mine,
and I am theirs.
We got to celebrate their 40th Anniversary
with them.
It was very special.
Grandpa Dave broke his knee
this year, and that has been
tough on both of them.
It was wonderful to get together,
and go out to celebrate the good things.
Not to mention,
my baby Conor was there,
as adorable and perfect as ever.
I was at a wedding recently and I learned something during the ceremony.
The priest said...
(my loose interpretation, of course)
Something about living a good life,
and if you find someone you love to marry,
and you are able to have children,
and you have wine and friends,
and you get to live to an older age,
then it has been a good life.
For some reason this resonated with me.
This is all I could ask for,
in my life.
Nothing more, because this would be quite enough.
So far I am lucky, because I have it.
So do the Outlaws.
So we celebrate.
I swear, the priest included wine as part of it.
I did not make that up.
Maybe he meant communion?
I don't know, but I am going to obey the priest.
Salud!

No comments:
Post a Comment