Labels

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Amber is the color of her energy

Friends,
My little cousin Amber is getting married and this is the best reason to celebrate.
 
You may recall when Amber and I bonded in CO,
a few years ago?
 
Prior to that we bonded by me
babysitting her.
 
Amber is a gem.
There is no one else in the family that could get everyone to come together, but her.
 
So we headed up to Central Wisconsin,
right in the middle of our busiest season,
to join in her Bridal Shower.
 

My mom was there already staying with my Grandma Busha who recently broke her leg.
 
My cousin Craig and family invited us,
 to stay with them.
 
This was awesome because I always dreamed of hanging with my cousins as adults,
and this was our first full weekend to reconnect.
 
It was even better than I ever imagined.
 
We still totally get along.

We are still the same, but better.
 
Our conversations now, a little deeper,
our laughs a little louder.
 
The big difference was,
that I wasn't pretending to marry them.
 
That, and our kids played like they were us,
30+ years ago!
 
The best part of the trip was that
Grandma was super excited to see me.
 
Even though I am her favorite granddaughter
(inside joke to my competition-xoxo)
She is not one for always showing emotion.
And her face lit up so bright,
 when I walked into her house.
 
I felt so special!
 
Just my presence made her so happy,
that she forgot she was actually having a hard time
being in recovery.
 
Here's 4 generations of us.
Amber and her mom,
me and my mom,
Grandma and girls.
 I'm sort of a sucker for these celebrations anyways,
inserting myself,
 as if I am always the Maid
of Honor.
You're welcome Amber!
 
 
It is so fun to watch Amber's young excitement
for a wedding and a marriage
and all life has to bring to a couple.
 
I tear up, because I remember when...
and it is so much more than you know,
when you are opening gifts at your shower,
and I smile.
 
Happily Ever After, Friends!


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive