Friends,
Cousin Amber's wedding day arrived.
It was a fairy tale.
Amber deserves all the love and happiness
in the world.
She is the sweetest person of all times.
I am not kidding.
She is so kind and thoughtful and generous.
She has the most beautiful family too.
My Aunt Louise, her mom, is exactly where Amber got every ounce of her sweetness from.
They are as close as my mom and I,
and I treasure their bond.
She has a stepdad, Paul.
Just like me.
Paul has always been her real dad.
She has always been his little girl.
You can imagine, I treasure their bond too.
She has an older brother,
who is as sweet as her.
He loves her so much,
I watched him fighting tears on the way up the aisle, which naturally made me cry.
She has 2 stepbrothers too.
So she is the only girl in this family of boys.
I cannot relate to this at all,
but it makes Amber as cool as she is beautiful,
because she's not afraid
to get dirty or throw a ball.
(I am, of course, terrified of dirt and balls).
I realize, I don't have a picture of her groom.
He is super cute and nice
and they are both school psychologists,
so you can just imagine their nerdy pillow talk
conversations, right?
Amber gave Lily a special role to carry the gifts for communion during the ceremony.
Lily chose to carry the wine.
That's my girl!
A good Catholic drinker!
Anyway, when another cousin was too scared and nervous to carry up her gift,
Charlotte was a last minute fill in.
Which thrilled Charlotte
as she stole the show and smiled and skipped up the aisle, like a little doll.
This completely pissed Lily off,
as Charlotte totally stole her thunder.
The look on Lily's face was priceless when
Charlotte skipped to the back of the church.
I gave Lily a silent but deadly look
that implied,
"stop it right now and put a smile on your face, we are in a church for God's sake!"
And Lily turned that frown into a fake smile.
And everybody saw it
and it was actually totally hilarious,
once I got over my embarrassment.
The best part of the day was being with family.
And dressing fancy.
Darin didn't get the coral/mint hint,
despite our best attempts.
This selfie makes me so happy.
This one too.
This is my very famous younger cousin, Rich.
Or Little Richie.
Obviously, just a tiny little lad,
turned into NFL Super Bowl Champ.
turned into NFL Super Bowl Champ.
He's harmless, really.
He does have this fantastic ring I got to wear,
it weighed as much as me.
Other than that, its actually pretty impossible to be famous when you are with your family.
I think its impressive that he is such a football star,
but what I love even more is that he is a prankster.
Just like his Dad.
I had so much fun with all my cousins.
Just like old times.
They were my first best friends.
I am so lucky to have so many wonderful playmates that came from the same tree as me...
...for this, I thank my Grandma Busha!
Cousins,
please somebody start planning another wedding.
Let's do this all over again!
Clink!

No comments:
Post a Comment