Labels

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Just the way you are

Friends!
Its party time for Charlotte,
and this is her favorite song...
 
"Just The Way You Are"
By Bruno Mars,
(sings it all the time)
 
Turn it up,
let's party.
 
These are a few of her favorite lyrics...
 
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are...


When we sing this together,
we are both singing to her.
I love it.
We are both thinking about her.
Its perfect.
She is someone so unique and special
and worthy of celebration,
as we all are.

She makes me feel like its ok,
if I even wanted to sing and believe this about me.

That is how Charlotte is.
 
We hosted a party for Charlotte's 6th birthday.
On her birthday.
A first, for us.
 
Those of you that follow me, know
we usually include her birthday celebration
in other Memorial Day happenings.
 
Or have a celebration on a different day.
Or week.
 
So this birthday party,
on her birthday,
felt a bit special to all of us.
 
We planned a party.
 
We chose a rainbow-y/arts and crafts theme.
 
The girls had everything to do with the
planning and preparations.
 
 Lily crafted custom gift bags,
each with names and pictures
specific to the guests' individual interests
and personalities.
 The kids then,
 filled the bags at our rainbow colored candy bar.
The drink was clever.
Thanks to Lily.
The snacks were healthy.
Fruit lined up to look pretty.
Thanks to Pinterest
me.
 
Luckily,
(for a neat freak like me)
 
 it was the first nice day of spring,
so our painting party took place outside.
 
I had no intention of this,
until we woke up to a surprisingly beautiful day,
and we changed arrangements quickly
so we could all enjoy it!
 
Even better than The Plan!
I instructed the kids on how to paint a peacock.
The design, was stolen
from my artist friend, Becky's original design.
 
Truly, there was no need,
 for my instruction, so I gave very little,
and just let the creativity flow.
 
It did.
For almost 20 minutes!
 
Here's the truth,
Kylie and I were the last ones painting.
 
The attention span of most guests
was less than ours.
 
(I love you Ky! Next Saturday, again, we're on, painting.  You and me.)
 
The little girls ran off to get
their Princess on,
as soon as their masterpiece was complete.
No worries,
a good time was had by all.
 The Lowe Family Circus loved
celebrating Charlotte.
  I assigned D to getting a cake, last minute.
As in, the morning of the party.
 
He came home excited he was able to find something that fit with our theme.
 
We were totally thrilled
with the result.
 
Osmosis party planning is paying off!
 
 Most importantly,
Charlotte was happy as a rainbow,
to celebrate her new age,
and to have all her friends over
all at the same time.
Happy 6th Birthday Charlotte!
 
You are the same as you were when you were born, but you are growing up and changing too.
 
You get funnier and
more sure of yourself everyday.
 
I love watching your confidence grow,
right along with your height and intellect.
 
You remain the sweetest person I have ever met.
 
I know this is a lot of Daddy in you,
but you really amaze me.
 
Your first instinct is always good and kind,
and I learn from you.
 
You continue to be my shadow.
 
Just happily following me along,
doing whatever I am doing.
 
You always join in gladly alongside me,
even when I am in my worst of moods
you are still there right next to me.
 
You are the only one who doesn't shy away
from me in these moments.
 
You just stick next to me,
and do what I do,
with a joyful heart and happy smile.
 
Your presence calms me.
 
You get me to recognize
and enjoy the little things.
 
Especially when,
 I am overwhelmed with bigger things.
 
Not to mention,
you are the most snuggliest person
in all the land.
 
I love you Charlotte.
 
Let's continue to celebrate Milestones, Friends!
 

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive