Labels

Friday, July 25, 2014

Gotcha Party

Friends,
The final weekend of our vacation was spent
with my sister Amy and family.
 
We celebrated the beautiful adoption
of her 3 (super adorable, lovable and polite) kids.
 
We couldn't be happier to have cousins/
nieces/and a nephew.
 
Charlotte and Addison's Selfie.
Mini Me and Amy?!

 
We could take Addison home with us.
For realz. 
We tried.
Ceci, just grab her
and throw her in our car, real quick!
 
Our family grew by 3,
and the love by 3 bazillion.

 
 
This fabulous celebration meant
I got to see so many people that I love.
My aunts
(Auntie Sarah, I'm obsessed with.  Love. Her.)
 my sisters,
(younger, cuter Me-ish peeps)
my step mom
(who counts me as one of her very own.  Love.)
 and
my Grandma.
 
Me: "Gram, smile!  You know what this is?"
 
Gram: "Yes, I do.  Its a Selfie.  I also brought one along with me to show you!"
 
She's the epitomy of cool.
91 years of awesome sauce here.
The party had snow cones,
cotton candy, caricatures and more!
 
Amy lives in Eau Claire,
where D and I went to college.
 
So we got to show the girls the fine establishment where we met
a la the Pioneer Tavern.
 
Lily posed us for this picture.
Then the girls reenacted the night we met.
Pretty accurately.
It was kinda like this...
I got to show them where I lived,
in this big, beautiful yellow house.

"If I were a house, I would be a big yellow house, with a yellow so inviting that if you were to walk by just being you, it would call to you, "come in, you and your heart sit down" and if you did come into that big yellow inviting house, you'd know you were home."
 
We showed them the farmhouse D lived in.
 
But it was torn down
and new house now sits on the property.
 
Good thing, because the house of boys
was grrrross. 
But still a little sad to see it gone.
 
 
We showed them the campus
and the coffee shop I worked at. 
 
And all the good things
on our trip through memory lane.
 
Lily now owns a UWEC sweatshirt,
and both girls have declared they are going to college in Eau Claire.
 
D is happy because, we won't have to pay out of state tuition.
 
I hope they find the love of their life there,
like we did.
 
Might be the best thing that ever happened to me?!
 
Xo, Friends.
 







No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive