Happy Badger Rosebowl!
The Lowe Family Circus was home alone.
Totally opposite from last year and our revolving door of family, friends, guests, and over night babysitters.
At first, I felt bad for D, to be home alone watching the game with us girls.
Except, maybe, Dad is so serious about it, he never noticed the lack of party or fanfare around him.
I will be honest, the girls and I don't have the attention span to sit still or be quiet during the game.
But we support Dad, so we are Badger Fans!
In the only way we know how.
We will dress appropriately.
And bring team spirit.
U-rah-rah.
(I should tell you Charlotte did her own hair)
(I should tell you Lily was not about to wear my suggestion of a Badger sweatshirt, and came up with her own outfit instead)
And while the game was on, I was paying no attention to it, and busying myself with household holiday clean up matters instead.
I came downstairs to see that Lily was playing bartender.
I came downstairs to see that Lily was playing bartender.
And D had created the infamous RoseBowl drink, once again.
I was thrilled to take part in the excitment.
And, I know, it is probably wrong to let your child play bartender.
But we had so much fun in our little Badger celebration.
We couldn't drink fast enough for our over eager server.
And even when The Beloved Badgers lose, we still find it in us to Jump Around.
And really, that is all that matters to Team Lowe Family Circus.
And regardless of Badger scores, Team Lowe Family Circus is going to win.
When we are all playing for the same team together, we always win together.

1 comment:
Love this post....I also love child bartenders; they are the best. :)
Post a Comment