Uh-oh. I came home from hot yoga the other morning to a sad scene of Daddy and Lily getting ready for school in tears.
Lily fell out of her bed. And hit her closest door. With her head.
She will be fine.
But for a while she looked terrible.
I don't know why I am documenting this.
Except maybe because at this stage I could see it was healing and she would not be black and blue forever.
I hoped, if I fed her enough vegetables and she got her rest, eventually, she will be green and yellow instead.
And now she is nearly fully healed.
She bruises quite easily, with her fair skin.
I have apologized to the doctor in the past for her black and blue legs each summer.
He reported, he would be more worried if she didn't have any bruises, because it would mean we were not letting her play.
No worries, we are letting her play. And fall out of bed.
The sight hurts a parents heart.
But then again, I fell out of a car when I was 5 years old.
And now I have story that many friend use with their children in warning about staying in buckled up.
If this is our worst story, I'll take it.

No comments:
Post a Comment