Our next stop?
Marathon City, WI.
Grandma is in a new apartment and loving it!
I know she misses Grandpa.
I also know this is the first time in her life she has ever lived alone and she is enjoying her independence.
We went to New Years Eve Mass at Grandma's church.
Pretty sure it was the first time I have gone to church,
on New Years Eve.
The church is the church my parents were married in, I was baptised in, my Grandpa's funeral service was held in.
It is always an important place to me.
(Even if I have to ignore a lot of what I hear and see when I am there. Shh.)
From there we went to The Buccaneer Supper Club. My Aunt and Uncles restaurant (the parents of NFL cousin Rich, and grandparents of sweet Grace if you recall from past posts about these folks)
I had a brandy old fashion (is that what you call it?) sweet, with olives.
When in Rome..
Charlotte bellied up to the bar for a Sprite with cherries in it.
And we had ourselves a New Years Eve dinner for 8.
We also got special VIP treatment, Brandy Alexanders on the house for after dinner drinks, and we were welcomed into the kitchen to say hello to Uncle Tom.
And we went to Aunt Louise's wonderful, renovated farm house to cozy up for the night.
We laughed so hard at everyone's Family Christmas stories.
And we cried a little too for some sad stories that were shared.
I learned from all that I experienced, and went to bed with a resolution to be kinder, more creative, calmer. In the new year I plan to be more like the loved ones I was with.
Charlotte and I toasted the New Year in with a tea party and a 9:30 bedtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment